Saturday, April 7, 2012

Side Dish #23: Garbage find makeover!


I had been thinking how we needed to get a table that was Alex-sized so we could attempt to eat outside a little better. Well, as we were driving home the other day I saw a dirty old kids picnic table in someone's garbage pile. Much to Will's horror I made him go back and get it! :)


This was after the first hose down! 

But later Alex and I took some soap and water to it and the dirt and junk came right off...

It was still really faded looking with 80s colors, so...
some khaki, hunter green, and a uv protector coat later...
(they make spray paint for plastic...yay!!)


the finished product! :)



I love how it turned out!
a perfect place for Alex to sit (I hope!) while we enjoy some meals outdoors!
The boy is happiest when he is outside and now I hope it will be easier to eat outside too!

No comments:

Post a Comment