Wednesday, July 4, 2012

photo 34: fourth of july


Some scenes in the States I don't think I will ever get quite use to, like the little metal boxes that pop up all over before the 4th. Fireworks have such a different meaning to me. Will too. He thinks that fireworks here are so small compared to what they can get in Italy. Plus for him fireworks and New Years go hand in hand. The stories he and his brothers tell about what they had there are not ones that I wish my own son would ever repeat!
For me fireworks came in big flat packages with colorful sticks. They were in stores all summer long and we would enjoy them normally while we were on vacation by the beach. Pretty much they were sparklers, but they were so pretty. Thanks to the summer matsuris, we also enjoyed beautiful firework displays often. In Japan firework displays are an art, with the variety of colors and patterns...
I don't know, I have just never seen firework displays here that match the beauty of what I saw in Japan.
Well, Happy fourth.
have fun with your fireworks...just don't wake my child! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment