Monday, July 16, 2012

Photo 45: The Price of Freedom

I went to Washington DC on Sunday unsure about how I would feel. There were so many things to see and visit, but as I continued to walk around I was always taken aback by the memorials of the many who had given their lives during the wars. 
They served as reminders of the tremendous sacrifice of people who paid a high price for the freedoms that we have today. 

 I stared at the stars. Each one of them represents 100 people and there are over 4000 stars.


Then the wall of names.

And the haunting faces.

I wondered if those people would be satisfied with how we are living out our freedom. 
Instead of living as people who are free we become bound to possessions, our wants, and our desires. 
All of us may not be called to take up arms and sacrifice our lives for our country, but we can do a better job putting others before ourselves. 
Live like people who are free.
Love.
Give.
Serve. 

Eph 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment