Sunday, July 22, 2012

Photo 52: Crazy Praise

Do you ever listen to one of those messages that its like you are punched in the stomach, 
but in the end if feels so much better that you were?

My church has been doing a series on Habakkuk...
Haba...what?! you ask. Yes, Habakkuk. pages1413-1417 in my NIV Study Bible. 
A little, 3 chapter book stuck between Nahum and Zephaniah. 
A little book with a HUGE punch! 

In the last couple of months I have been learning some AMAZING things from the Lord...
things like...
Life with God is not supposed to be easy.
Being blessed by God does not mean having wealth or health.
Stuff is stuff. you don't really need it!
Trials = greater trust. 

Just to name a few. 

The sermons on Habakkuk kind of brought it all home for me. Especially this week's message. 
OH MY GOODNESS!
In verse 17 EVERYTHING is going to go wrong for the people in Judah. Literally, everything.
YET. (vs. 18) Habakkuk realizes he still needs to praise the Lord because He is all we need.
Basically Habakkuk realized:
"In the midst of                                     (you name that trial/hardship you are facing)
WORSHIP GOD. Find JOY in Him. 
He is big enough to sustain you, and He is worthy of your praise.
(and really, when it comes down to it, someone else is going to be going through a bigger trial then you are, and God's in control of their crisis too.)

Our sermon was titled Crazy Praise. 
The world may think you are crazy to praise the Lord instead of complain
but it is the best thing I can do.

Looking back over the last months of my life I have realized that it is in my worship of God and time in His word that has given me the strength to endure the hardships.
Fixing it by myself won't help.
Worshiping God may not make my trials go away, 
but they grow dim in light of who God is, 
and therefore I can endure them.

(Here is a peek at my playlist that has developed over the months :) )
I love it. Such good songs. All about how great God is! If you have any other suggestions let me know! :)

Isn't it refreshing to know that God has it all figured out and I don't need to worry. Just praise. 
Thanks for reading my long ramblings to day. God is so good. I just had to share!


*If you want to listen to the Habakkuk series (which I highly recommend you do) you can find a link to the sermons here http://standrews.columbiacrossroads.org/sermons.
Also they have a podcast on itunes. just search for Columbia Crossroads St. Andrew's campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment