Friday, July 26, 2013

Blueberry Picking

What I love about summer is how the days kind of run together so I really have no idea what day it is, and we have so many fun-filled adventure days mixed in with laid-back, stay-at-home ones and so when I think about the fact that we only went blueberry picking a week and a half ago, I can't believe how many amazing things we did between then and now. 
Summer. It makes you think and act in run-on sentences. Because life is that good.

Anyways. Blueberry picking. Last year I had done two trips. One with the family and one by myself.
So this year part of me REALLY wanted to pick a bunch of blueberries to freeze, 
but I also REALLY wanted to make it a fun family function.
 (Although, I really don't know how much any of the three boys I am with really cared!) 
So of course we all went together. 

 I was actually a little bit nervous about how Alex would enjoy it. He was in such a TWOs mood in the morning. But, thanks to the magic of blueberries, He was quite in awe of all of the berries...especially the ones on the ground!

But we got him on the right track and he started picking blueberries!


...Until it got hot.  
And he was done. 
He chugged water, and ate all of the snacks, but blueberries were of no interest!

But he had fun...

...and Liam did what he does best {sleep!}

 We barely picked 4 pounds, but it was nice to be together.
And although it was SO hot, we all survived. 
And of course...
{I will be dragging the boys}
We will be coming back next year!


 Instead of freezing we used them all up in four fun recipes!
{coming soon!}
clockwise from top left: 
Blueberry Mango and Peach Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment