Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Photo 93: Baking with Alex

This afternoon Alex and I needed something to do (I was not in the mood to go outside!) so I decided we should bake some cookies. We need to meet our next door neighbor and taking her a plate of cookies was a good reason to go over! Anyways, Alex followed me over to where I was looking for my pink recipe book. I told him I was trying to find my cookbook so we could make some cookies.

He scampered away. I thought he had lost interest. 
But he returned with what HE thought I was looking for...
his Sesame Street Cookie Cookbook! 

I about died, I couldn't believe how smart he was.  But then, Will often reads to him the cookbook when he is going to bed! He is SO my child...I have multiple food magazines and recipe books! So without further ado we sat on the floor to pick a recipe and then got started. 

Here are the steps for how a toddler boy follows a recipe. Below all the pictures is the actual recipe!










Bert's Cranberry Oat Chip Mini Cookies
(from Alex's favorite cookbook. Yummy Cookies!)

1 cup quick oats
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chocolate chips

  • preheat oven to 375. 
  • stir together oats, flours, baking powder and soda in a small bowl.
  • beat butter, sugars, and peanut butter in a large bowl until creamy. 
  • add egg and vanilla, mix until blended.
  • stir in oat mixture, then cranberries and chocolate chips.
  • drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet
  • bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
  • let cool on cookie sheet for a minute and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment