Saturday, September 22, 2012

Photo 106: Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!

Today was a Saturday at home, which seems to now mean spending some time during the day to do some food prep for the days ahead. A little extra work on the weekends goes a long way to make the weekday meals less stressful!
Today was saying goodbye to summer... as I took the dwindling supply from my basil plant to make some pesto for the winter, BUT
I welcomed fall with a batch of apple sauce and pumpkin scones!


The apple sauce recipe can be found here. I made another batch a couple weeks ago, but had some extra apples so decided to fill up a couple more jars to stick in the freezer.

The pesto recipe can be found here. I mixed in some leftover spinach I had, used walnuts, and mixed in a little parmesan. Hmmm... can't wait to pull these out of the freezer to use on pizza or for a quick pasta dish!

The pumpkin scone recipe was found here. They were delicious! I made two batches--one I baked right away and another I stuck in the freezer! The recipe said you could take out a couple at a time and then bake them right up. How perfect is that? The spice drizzle is AMAZING! I think I want to put it on all desserts now! Will and Alex both gobbled some right up (and Will had said earlier he wasn't much of a pumpkin fan!)

Happy eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment