Saturday, June 30, 2012

Photo 30: Basil


I'm having a love affair with basil right now. So much deliciousness on a tiny leaf.
I had read that picking the leaves helps it to keep producing throughout the summer so I a couple weeks ago I found out from a friend a great way to freeze basil (front right) is to chop and put in ice cube trays and pour olive oil in. After it froze up I popped them out and put them in a ziploc bag! Basil in the winter now.
Today I rediscovered the joys of pesto again! I looked up the recipe that was in Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day. I made some adjustments based on what i had on hand.


you need:
 2 cups basil
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup almonds
2 cloves garlic


  • put all ingredients in a food processor
  • blend! 
we put it on pizza and topped with mozzarella. It was so very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment