Thursday, June 28, 2012

Photo 28: T-shirt

I spent a couple days and countless stores trying to find a matching fabric so I could make a bow tie--Alex is the ring bearer in my brother's wedding. As I was walking out of the last store ready to give up I found a T-shirt that coordinated with the color swatch! yay!


Thanks to a quiet afternoon while Will and Alex were out watching Italy defeat Germany in the Euro Cup semi finals, I was able to get the bow tie and some other projects complete!


The first and most important project was the bow tie. I found a tutorial here. I finished it just after half time.
Then I made some flowers for my nieces to possibly use because they will be some precious flower girls! The tutorial for that was found here. That took maybe 20 minutes to make two.
Both those projects only took the front of the shirt, but the boys were back home and I needed to get dinner on the table (it was a crockpot meal thank goodness!)
Using the back of the shirt I made a t-shirt necklace. I know i am behind the times, but what else was I going to do with it! :) There are pictures all over pinterest, so I took a couple ideas I liked. Mine is a little shorter because it was only half the shirt, but it stretches so still fits over my head okay. I also made a couple more flowers for fun! I think they are my favorite fabric flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment