Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Alex.

It is only 9 pm. and he is still up. crying at his door. Will and I are model parents ;) and usually lay in bed with him until he falls asleep. The last two nights he has decided against falling asleep at a reasonable hour. Tonight Will is out. of course. The first time I shut the door, Alex cried for about 2 minutes, then turned on his lamp and started playing with his train. This time I got smart and took his controls out of the room. He is sometimes too smart for his own good! It would make my world if he started to learn to fall asleep on his own. I wait for him to find his way into his own bed, instead he finally manages to find his way out of his room.
crying of course, but through those glistening tears I see that satisfied twinkle because he knows he managed to escape.
Finally 45 minutes later, Will returns and I escape. The evening is gone. I really should go to bed in 10 minutes because the early morning awaits, but instead I sit here because i need my few minutes of calm before the storm comes.
Oh, Alex. I can't imagine life without you. But life WITH you always keeps me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment