Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Goody Bag

The day has finally arrived! The true parenting test:
Will we all survive a day of flying with a toddler.
Many have accomplished that feat before me, but will I survive?! :)

I packed up the suitcase on Monday (that way the clothes we wanted to take would stay clean!), and repacked it last night with the last odds and ends. But Alex's goody bags...those have been ready to go since the new year!
Maybe this should be called a BRIBING BAG instead. 

After talking to some friends and reading some stuff online, I decided to have some fun buying things that Alex isn't used to eating/playing with to make the trip more exciting. 

note to future travelers: 
make sure the suckers are properly hidden so your child doesn't start begging for them before the trip!

Most of this was from the dollar tree, or dollar bins at target, and then walking down the snack isles! I bought a washing bag at walmart for a $1 to stick it all in. 

Hopefully with this stash, the extra stash of snacks in our other carry on, and the IPad
(with games that will suddenly reappear after a month of being hidden)
we will survive. 
and maybe get some sleep in the process?

but there is always an italian espresso waiting for me on the other end if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment