Saturday, January 12, 2013

Katie: Blend it up!

Throughout my 365 recipes challenge, I really wanted a good blender that would help me make some recipes a little bit easier. All I had was a mini chopper and I had to do things in batches.
Well, thanks to black friday deals I got a ninja master prep and I love it! I didn't pull it out of the box for a while, but now that I have, I think it will always be dirty! Thank goodness there are 3 different sized bowls! I have pulled it out mostly thanks to some recent pregnancy cravings-Milkshakes and salsa!

My first attempt was a blueberry milkshake. With three simple ingredients: frozen blueberries (about a cup or two) some milk (maybe 1/2 cup to a cup) and a heaping 2 cups of vanilla ice cream, we were ready to mix it up... Of course my happy helper had to taste test the ice cream pretty extensively



After the blueberry milkshake Will decided we needed oreos, so our next mission was to make a cookies and cream milkshake!
Alex and I enjoyed the first round of that and then Will made some another day too!

Alex give this another milkshaky smile of approval!

One of my other cravings was salsa--the kind you get in resturants that is not very chunky. 
I use 2 cloves garlic and two green onions and mixed those up first.
Then I added a green pepper, and about 8 roma tomatoes, some lemon juice (two much!) cilantro, salt and pepper. 
I am going to work on the recipe, but it hit the spot! I had some store bought guac with a corn mixture in another bowl and it made a very delicious lunch!

Next on the blender list...HUMMUS!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment