Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Recipe #158: I wish I could make sasami cheezu... :)

I don't know what made me think of it, but when i was in high school we used to love going to this bento shop and the lady made this obento that has rice, some sides and this fried chicken that had cheese it in...it was so fun and so cheap. "Fast" food in Japan is so much healthier then it is here! I wish for convenient stores that would have delicious obentos or onigiris that were so fast and delicious, the rows of milk coffees and teas to choose from offered nice alternatives to soft drinks, it is so nice.

Anyways, we have to Chinese guys staying with us and so i figured rice and chicken would be a safe bet and in the process decided to see if I could recreate sasami cheezu... not really. oh well. But the chicken and rice were a hit so that was good!

You need:
3 chicken breasts cut into smaller strips
oil for frying
flour
eggs beaten
panko


  • heat oil in a large frying pan so that bottom 1/2 inch is covered.
  • dip chicken first in flour, eggs then panko so it is thoroughly coated by each one.
  • fry until golden brown on both sides.
  • if you are adding cheese i tried shredded which was probably part of the problem, but after I dipped the chicken in the flour and egg I rolled it in the cheese and then the panko. That really didn't work. Will didn't even taste it, we will keep trying! 



No comments:

Post a Comment