Saturday, January 7, 2012

Side Dish #19: The Organized Life

Katie and Organization is kind of an oxymoron! I like to be organized, but piles slowly develop, and the clutter keeps coming back! Plus as a working mom, hours to commit to organization are few and far between!

A couple months ago I was looking at different "family binders" online and thought to myself: WOW some people are overly organized! :) But I did think that having a binder for our finances, meal planning, and projects and such would help my world feel less chaotic! Planning meals also helps me when I am grocery shopping and thinking about what new recipes I need to try! I try and do our big food shopping just twice a month, so plan out meals for two weeks.

So I proceeded to avoid things I really need to do by making these fun sheets to keep me organized. When it is cute that helps with the motivation right ! :) I also liked being able to make them exactly how I wanted.


here is what a couple pages looks like but the rest of them are here. (Hopefully it will work, I'm not skilled enough in blogging to figure out how documents too well :) )



So far I have kind failed at using the chore checklist effectively(I HATE cleaning!), But I do better with the finances and meal planner. I stick a copy of our budget at the front of the finances page too to keep a paper copy of that as well! Hopefully by the end of 2012 I will be a more organized person with less clutter! :) (well, it is a nice wish!)


No comments:

Post a Comment