Sunday, June 9, 2013

Alex and Liam

Liam entered our lives right on time. He was a sweet boy and came on his due date. I think he knew I couldn't handle pregnancy much more. I spent the first half of the day laboring at home, and he came 4 hours after we got to the hospital. Meeting him at 4:06 was a precious moment.


The next best moment was seeing Alex meet him for the first time too.

The other day I was reading the Journal I started for Alex {I was TERRIBLE at keeping up with Alex's baby book...I haven't even bought one for Liam, BUT I have kept up with a journal for Alex, of my thoughts, letters, prayers. which. I am sure he will be so thrilled to read when he gets older ;) }. Anyways, Alex's journal. When he was still a month old, I had written about his sweet, tender heart, and how I could not wait to see how loving he was with his siblings. He is a rascal, but there is a soft spot in him for little babies and other kids.


He did not disappoint. Alex looked at Liam, and knew he belonged with us. He right away wanted to hold Liam. He was full of kisses. Alex was so much more interested in the baby than I ever would have imagined!



 I love this expression.... it says MY brother!

Of course, like a true toddler, when he got his present from Liam, he quickly diverted his attention to his new toy! :) 

Coming home it has been just as sweet. Alex loves to "hold baby", give him his paci, and put diapers in the diaper genie for me. We put a step stool next to the changing table so that Alex can talk to Liam, although we are trying to have him make more conversation than just "hey baby" (which he repeats over and over again!!) We are also working on Alex remembering to say "all done" or "no more" before he starts moving when he is holding Liam. And, thanks to mommy and daddy both being home over the summer, Alex still gets plenty of cuddles and outside time.
I can't wait to see what adventures are in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment