Thursday, June 13, 2013

Katie: Summer Schedules

One thing I love about summer is that I have no schedule. The mornings are relaxing and we can all hang out in our pajamas as long as we want, or we can get up and go some where as soon as we want to as well! Yet, at the same time, I crave some kind of schedule too and go crazy without it because all of a sudden time as passed and I feel like its been wasted. I knew that with adding a newborn to the mix, we would need to be more flexible, so I didn't want our lives to be too scheduled. To find the perfect balance...

That came in the form of our summer bucket lists!
Really, it was just a way for me to have fun with a bunch of fonts.
I love playing with fun fonts! :)

I made a summer fun list for Alex (and Liam as much as he can participate! :) ), and then one for me! I am a big believer in "ME time" even if it is just 30 minutes at the end of a day, or working on a craft for 15 minutes during nap time. Of course, some of the things on my list are fun for Alex too, but they are things I really want to do! Our lists have some things that we will do multiple times, so we won't always cross everything, but somethings will be more of a special activity! I just want to make sure we don't get stuck in the summer rut. I also made a rainy day (or it's kind of too hot to play outside) list because being inside is not something Alex loves at all!
Here are our lists! :) Most are either pretty cheap or free activities!

The library is providing some of our entertainment this summer thanks to storytime, the puppet shows, and pigskin poets!


I can already cross make laundry soap off of my list! :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we won't have too many rainy/too hot days! (haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment