Monday, June 24, 2013

Alex: Popsicles Take 1

This is take one because Alex didn't really love this batch... so we will try again later. They were still yummy (to me!) and a very easy process! Here is Alex to show you the steps.

1. Get some popsicle molds (these are from walmart)
Insist on eating the blue one first.

2. Mix up the ingredients.
This was 2 cups greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp honey, 4 strawberries cut up, and a handful of blueberries.

3. Take popsicle molds all over house. Protect the blue one, even while reading a book. 
(My yogurt had accidentally frozen in our fridge...it has issues. So we were waiting for it to melt a bit)

4. Put the mixture in molds, and put the tops on.
(and keep insisting that you are going to eat the blue one!)

5. All ready to go in the freezer! It took a good 3-4 hours to freeze.

6. Taste Test: (You should have seen his face after every bite! It wasn't quite sweet enough for him! :) )

7. Discover the little straw thing at the side to help slurp up the bottom part.

8. Only want to eat the popsicle that way...
FAIL.


I learned two things from this first attempt. 
1. Juice popsicles will probably be more what he would love to eat. (with an occasional chocolate one!)
2. These popsicle molds still make a mess! My sister bought these ones and loves them so now I have a set in the mail too! :)


More popsicle fun to come!

1 comment:

  1. I made ones recently with basically the exact same ingredients (minus the blueberries) but they were a bit too sour for Lizzie too. I had made one batch without honey and learned for the second time around! I blended it in our blender but I like seeing the berries whole in yours!

    ReplyDelete