Saturday, June 21, 2014

It all started at a yard sale...

This morning I decided to venture out and do some yard saling. After several sales with no jackpot, I came across one that had quite a few wonderful things! :) In the process I acquired two stools for next to nothing. I wanted one for school, but she encouraged me to take them both, so I did.
I did not take an before photo, but it is not hard to imagine two plain stools, horrible spray painted black. The paint job was not very thorough. Parts of the wood underneath were still quite visible.
Alex loved them and insisted we paint them blue (even though they are not even for the house). So when we needed a break from the house he was happy to help me choose out some paint for the project.
the little paint samples were perfect for this project. I used Valspar's Indigo Cloth and Freckles, some white spray paint primer, and some gold spray paint.
Alex really wanted to help me so I thought I would let him help me paint the blue. Alas, as hard as he tried to follow directions about where to paint (and NOT to go above the blue tape) that proved to be a little difficult! :) He was content to watch me and cheer me on. (Thankfully!!) Will's job was to keep Liam from making a mad dash to the kitchen every time he touched the floor! Thankfully no boys were covered in paint during the painting of these chairs! :)

After I painted the main colors I tried to wrap up the chair as much as possible so that I could spray paint the gold. It is not easy spray painting by porch light outside, but it was finish this today or not til next week when life slows down again! I did need to do some touch ups afterwards on the blue and coral, but it was not bad!

Finished Product! I have to say that my gold strips are not very even and the spray paint job is quite terrible, but now I have some pretty chairs to use at school and that will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment