Friday, February 3, 2012

A new goal...



As I was walking/running yesterday afternoon, I decided that I needed a goal to actually start getting rid of this extra weight that was hanging around. January hadn't really been a very consistent month for me. I wanted to start something, but then there were some stresses that never really helped me to keep on track, but that will not get me down!
 Then I realized it.
                   I am really wanting to to lose 30 pounds. Why not do it by the time I turn 30?


So before the big 30 I will get rid of the extra pounds and celebrate my 30th birthday feeling FIT!


Here are the plans:
  • eat less--portion control is a HUGE issue for me! 
  • I am using My Fitness Pal to help track my calories
  • eat more greens...starting the meal with a salad would help me to eat less carbs and meat.
  • water and coffee. only. The only other thing I really drink is diet coke, but that is not great. I will never give up coffee!
  • exercise 3 times a week (at least). Right now the best thing I can do is walk/run because it is something I can do with Alex. I am doing a program called couch to 5K to help me get started running. I like the abs/core portion of P90X too. I can't commit to that whole program, but the abs part will be great!
Challenges I foresee:
  • tight food budget 
  • cold/bad weather
  • stress snacking
  • boredom snacking
But, they don't really seem so bad when you list them out! I will overcome.

Hopefully I will have some good news to report before too long! :)


1 comment: