Sunday, February 5, 2012

Recipe #244: Baked Avocado Fries

These made me so happy to eat! Even if Alex dumped them on the floor and spilled the dipping sauces, which then I had to clean up! :) I found the recipe here thanks to pinterest!

You need:
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup panko
2 firm/ripe avocadoes


  • Pit and peel the avocados, cut into 1/2 in wedges
  • coat slices in flour, egg then panko
  • lay on a cooling rack that is sprayed with non-stick spray
  • when all are finished, put on a baking sheet and spray with olive oil and sprinkle on salt
  • bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. you can turn up heat to 500 for last 5 minutes.
Enjoy the crunchy goodness!!

2 comments:

  1. what did you use for the dipping sauces, Katie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished I had a flavored ranch but was out of that. I tried some creamy sesame dressing, but Alex dumped that out and I wasn't going to waste anymore. So I ended up using some marinara sauce, which tasted really great! :)

    ReplyDelete