Sunday, September 4, 2011

Recipe #86: Breakfast Casserole

I know there are millions of egg casserole recipes out there but this is one that a friend had made in college. I wrote it in my recipe book and never made it again...until this morning! Will and I were super tired, so it seemed like a good way to make sure we had enough energy to make it through church!
I actually halved the recipe and did it in an 8X8 dish, but I will put the recipe for a whole one down.

You need:
1 dozen eggs, whipped
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp dry mustard powder
salt and pepper (oops I didn't add this, Will adds his own to everything anyways because I am not a big salt/pepper person)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used mozzarella)
some bread
other add ins: bacon, sausage, hamburger, green pepper, onion, or tomatoes....
I added in bacon, turkey sausage and a little onion (still too much for Will's liking of course!)
I also added 1/8 tsp of paprika, so probably add 1/4 for a whole pan

  • whip eggs
  • add milk, mustard and paprika
  • grease pan
  • layer bottom of dish with bread
  • add egg mixture and your other add ins
  • cook at 350 for about 40 minutes or until top looks like it is browning
  • take out and set for 10 minutes before cutting

perfect with coffee of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment