Sunday, September 4, 2011

Recipe #89: Tropical Fruit Bread!

Oh my goodness. This bread is amazing.
It all started when I had a bunch of bananas in the freezer and most of a can of crushed pineapple from the calzone we made last week. So I looked online for a recipe that would at least use the pineapple and found this recipe but I added some things, even the batter smelled so good. I couldn't wait to eat it!

You need:
3 cups flour (I used half white and half whole wheat)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/4 vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
(the tropical part)
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups mashed banana
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coconut flakes


  • in a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon
  • in another bowl mix together eggs, oil and vanilla. Then stir in pineapple and banana
  • Mix together with dry ingredients until just moistened
  • stir in chocolate chips and coconut flakes
    • i was super nice to Will and made some muffins with no coconut because he is not a fan. after I separated those out I added the coconut.
  • pour into a greased loaf pan
  • bake at350 degrees muffins for 30 minutes and loaves for about 45 or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  • Be prepared for delicious goodness!
  • Recipe made 12 muffins and 2 loaves of bread...I am going to have to give the one loaf away so i don't eat it all up! :) 


I had to go cut another piece because writing down this recipe made me want to eat more! :) So i think you will want to eat some too!!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely going to keep this recipe in mind when I am ready to use the bananas in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I ate a whole loaf in like two days...that is not good! but it was SO good! :)

    ReplyDelete