Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Recipe #266: I wish is was Spring Rolls...

Well, I am posting this recipe, because it is a recipe, but really it was a bit of a flop of a recipe for me! I definitely have some stuff to learn in the world of spring rolls and if anyone wants to teach me their amazing secret recipe i would be happy to find it out! :)

I think it came down to the fact I had the wrong type of wrapper. That is the only thing that seems to have gone wrong. I used a recipe I found here but looked at a couple of different recipes to find out some extra hints. I also mixed some stuff together and made rolls until i ran out of filling! I am going to try these again and hopefully they will turn out better the next time!

 We tried out baked, fresh, and fried...

You need:
rice vermicelli
2 cups cabbage, shredded
1 handful matchstick carrots
bean spouts
green onion
3 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
wrappers
oil for frying
  • cut up veggies
  • add veggies to pan and heat up. add fish sauce and soy sauce
  • heat vermicelli according to package directions. cut up and add to veggies
  • drain access liquid
  • put each wrapper in warm water to soften it
  • fill with veggie mixture
  • roll up and let it sit for 30 minutes.
  • fry in oil, bake in oven for 20 minutes at 400 or enjoy fresh! :)
  • Dip in Sweet Chili sauce! It is AMAZING!
they tasted good even though they didn't look right... but I will work on that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment