Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Recipe #283: 3 Ingredient Ice Cream

I found this a long time ago on pinterest and this recipe here caught my eye! Then tonight I was really craving ice cream but didn't want to waste the calories. Not like the whole diet/exercise thing is going that great :( but I still try. Anyways. I also decided that I should probably invest in a food processor...a big one. I only have a mini!

But in 20 minutes, I had ice cream made out of three ingredients: Bananas, peanut butter, and cocoa powder.

You need:
about 1 cup of just ripe bananas, cut in small slices and frozen
1 spoonful creamy peanut butter
1 spoonful of cocoa powder

  • in a food processor, blend the banana. this is what takes the longest. make sure they are in small pieces or it will probably be impossible! 
  • It will turn into a creamy, soft serve feel. you could stop there, but try adding in some delicious flavors!
  • once the banana is smooth add in the peanut butter and cocoa powder.
  • blend until well mixed.
  • enjoy right then as soft serve or stick in the freezer for a more ice cream firmness!
I had trouble waiting for it to harden all the way so I enjoyed it while it was still a little soft! It was great! I think if the banana is too ripe when you freeze it, the banana taste is stronger, so it did have a distinct banana flavor. I will have to have a bite of Will's later to see what it tastes like when it is more firm! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment