Saturday, March 31, 2012

Recipe #296: Hummus Take 2

Happy Spring Break to me! The house is clean, the fridge is stocked with groceries, and now it is time to catch up on blogging! I have several recipes to share, so we will see how far I get tonight!

So I was trying out another recipe from the fabulous Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day and decided to try their hummus recipe. I have made another one a while back but am still searching for a recipe that I like the best.

This one was pretty delicious, i think because of the lemon zest which was definitely better then just lemon juice.

You need:
1 can of chick peas, drained
juice and zest from one lemon
2 garlic coves, chopped
1/2 cup tahini paste
1/2 tsp kosher salt
paprika
olive oil

  • add chick peas, lemon juice and zest, garlic, tahini and salt to a food processor and start mixing until smooth. (if you are using a small one like me I would recommend doing it in two batches...I should have done that!) you may need to add a little water to help produce a smooth dip. 
  • spoon into a serving bowl, sprinkle paprika on top and drizzle with olive oil. 
A delicious way to enjoy your veggies or Mediterranean Beef Wraps!



No comments:

Post a Comment