Saturday, March 24, 2012

Recipe #292 and #293: Spinach and Beef pizza on homemade crust

If you have been reading my blog at all you may know of how our bread eating was revolutionized by Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
We have been making that bread all year. 
I haven't eaten store bought bread in ages! :) 
We had been using the bread dough to make pizza, but finally got this book from the library:
and...
our lives are changed again! :) This made the best crust ever! And of course, it was SO easy!

This recipe makes 8 pizzas and last for 2 weeks in the fridge. You can also freeze it, but I haven't read all the details on that yet! Isn't that marvelous. This recipe can be used for many other flatbread recipes as well! I can't wait to try some different things!

You need:
3 cups lukewarm water (100 degrees or below)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp kosher salt
7 1/2 white flour
  • mix water, oil, yeast, and salt using a dough hook on your mixer
  • add in flour and mix well
  • put into a large container and allow to rise for 2 hours.
  • at this point you can either pull some dough out to make a pizza or put in fridge
for pizza:
you need:
orange size ball of dough
pasta sauce
cooked ground beef
 6-7 spinach leaves
mozzarella
  • preheat oven as high as it will go (mine was 500) with stone inside
  • when oven is almost preheated, take dough out
  • shape dough into a small ball
  • roll out on a flour covered pizza peel
  • over with sauce, beef, spinach, and mozzarella
  • slide on to stone and bake for 8-10 minutes!
enjoy! be ready for lots of pizza/flatbread recipes in the next weeks! :)


Did I happen to mention that book found its way into my amazon shopping cart and is now in the mail! :) After looking at all the recipes I knew that there was no way I was going to get my fill in the time I had the book checked out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment