Sunday, May 27, 2012

Recipe #360: Energy Bites

I am such a snacker, but have to really watch myself because it is so easy to snack on unhealthy things. So most times I really don't keep much of anything in my house to avoid temptation. But I came across these a while ago on pinterest and followed it to a recipe found here. It is nice to have an option sometimes that will fill you up in a good way!


You need:
1 cup oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

  • mix all ingredients together
  • chill for 30 minutes
  • roll into small balls (I used a cookie dough scoop to help.) I made about 30 balls.
  • store in container in the fridge. should last for about a week!
the recipe called for 2/3 cup toasted coconut but since Will doesn't like coconut, I put the sunflower seeds and butterscotch chips in instead. One little ball was the perfect snack for me. I haven't down a calorie check on it yet, but you definitely only need one or two to fill you up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment