Saturday, May 19, 2012

Recipe #346: Coffee Jelly!!

This is such a happy day! I have finally discovered (thanks to my mom!) a way to make coffee jelly (jello) in America!  When Will and I were in Japan several summers ago, I discovered the glorious taste of coffee jelly. My dad bought tons of it because I probably had one everyday!


Starbucks over there even had a frap with it mixed in! (AMAZING)

My mom found a recipe here and it was SO easy! You should go make some today! :)

You need:
2 cups brewed coffee
2 Tbsp sugar (more or less depending on how sweet you want it, 2 Tbsp was not very sweet, just enough!)
1 Tbsp gelatin (that is one packet in the Knox box)
4 Tbsp water
half and half (or whipped cream)
  • mix the coffee and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. 
  • turn off heat just before it boils
  • add 4 Tbsp water and gelatin, mix until gelatin has dissolved.
  • add gelatin mixture to coffee and stir until dissolved.
  • allow it to cool and then poor into little single serve dishes.
  • allow to cool in fridge for several hours 
  • pour a little half and half on top then enjoy! (In Japan it comes with single serving cups of cream! :) ) 


1 comment:

  1. My husband read this post yesterday morning on my Flipboard, and when we returned from church proceeded to make the jell-o. It was definitely unique! I would personally add more sugar the next time. Unlike my coffee, I usually prefer my jell-o to be sweet. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete