Monday, May 28, 2012

Recipe #364: Whole Wheat Pizza Dough

I thought I would try another kind of pizza dough. The whole wheat was amazing and when I did it "blind" on the grill (see directions here) it actually turned out better then the bread dough I had used earlier. It puffed up and then was the perfect crispness when it was done!
I love grilling pizza this way now. I put the dough on the grill. go back in and get the ingredients together, pick some herbs, turn the pizza, add the toppings and wait 5 more minutes! So easy and such fresh delicious pizza!



the whole wheat dough was really delicious and not heavy like I expected it to be! I got the recipe from my favorite book, Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day
 It only lasts seven days in the fridge, but you can freeze for longer it in 1/2 lb portions.

You need:
3 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 Tbsp yeast
1 Tbsp kosher salt
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp olive oil
7 cups whole wheat flour

  • mix together water, yeast, salt, honey, and olive oil.
  • add in flour then mix until evenly moistened.
  • cover and let it rise for at least two hours.
  • stick in fridge until you are ready to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment