Saturday, May 26, 2012

Side dish #25: Stories

My sister is graduating from high school and one of her senior projects was to write about meaningful books throughout her life thus far.
Anyways, when I was thinking about what a neat idea that was, I thought of it in two ways. One, having my students create a reading log of meaningful books to them throughout their first grade year (maybe choosing one book a month). I really want my students to start valuing reading and realizing that they can have favorites, but then also think about why.

AND then I was also thinking about how Will and I go on about how many times we read THAT book today to Alex. What makes him love that book so much and want to hear it over and over again?
Since I failed miserably at keeping up with his baby book, I decided I would try to do a better job keeping up with his favorite books throughout the years.
So thanks to a couple of quiet minutes this morning I came up with this! :)

(click on the picture to take you to the other pages)
I only have two sample pages at this point, but they are pretty general so will just make copies. one for before he starts school and then one for after. I think as he gets older it might change too. Wouldn't this be such a fun memory to give him when he graduated high school or even has his first child (I know...I am thinking WAY in advance!) 
I might put it a binder with sheet protectors, or eventually bind it, or I might do something else all together, but still...
a fun way to remember the treasured stories throughout the years.
Just thought I would share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment