Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recipe #354: Thai Basil Rolls

This was a very "fresh" meal...full of vegetables...but honestly not a favorite. I probably messed up the recipe terribly or something. I found the recipe here but didn't have much meat on hand so i added some shrimp to a couple but honestly i couldn't taste it at all!

You need:
spring roll wrappers (the see through ones)
basil
rice noodles
bean sprouts
cucumber
cilantro

  • first boil water and heat the rice noodles for about 5-7 minutes. drain then run water through them
  • get a bowl of warm water.
  • place a wrapper in the water and let it soften for about 30 sec.
  • in the middle of the wrapper place a basil leaf, then add some shrimp, cucumber, rice noodles, cilantro and bean sprouts.
  • continue this process until you have made enough!
  • I made the sauce that the original recipe had (hoisin sauce and peanut butter mixture) but it seemed really heavy for the rolls so I used my sesame dressing instead! 
Like I said...it was fresh and tasty, but I think I really needed a meat filled meal today! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment