Friday, July 15, 2011

Cibatta bread

Well, this is a variation on the extra dough I had from the peasant bread I made earlier, which I realized later when I was reading more of the book, that I actually made what they called light whole wheat bread because I used just the whole wheat flour and not the rye. Anyways... we wanted to use some of the bread for sandwiches, so I used the dough to make cibatta loaves instead.

For the actual recipe and needs look here.
Then follow these directions:

  • Preheat the oven to 450 with the stone inside.
  • Take out a small ball of the dough. About the size of a baseball maybe.
  • Form it into a ball with your hands. 
  • Lay it on the flour covered pizza peel and spread the dough into a thin (but more than 3/4th of an inch) rectangle or oval. Let it rest on peel for about 20 minutes.
  • Transfer to the stone (you may need to use a spatula to help nudge it off) 
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crust is dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment