Monday, July 4, 2011

Recipe #35: Spanish Summer Salad

So for the fourth we did do the traditional All-American Burgers...but our sides had a little international flavor to them. One was the caprese salad I made on another occasion. The recipe is found here. I also made a recipe I learned several years ago from some missionaries in Spain when I was doing my internship there. It is actually a great alternative to your normal potato salad because you use a bit of olive oil instead of mayo. anyways.

you need:
Potatoes 1-2 per person
5-6 eggs
1 small onion
2-3 green peppers (i used yellow and red actually because i couldn't find any good green ones at the grocery store.)
2-3 tomatoes
2 cans of tuna
a little salt
lots of olive oil

  • Peel and cut the potatoes into big chunks. Boil until soft.
  • Boil the eggs (I actually did it with the potatoes) and then let cool and cut them up.
  • While the potatoes were boiling I sauteed the onions because I like them better that way. Also cut up the rest of the veggies. 
  • Add potatoes, veggies and egg to a bowl.
  • Drain water out of tuna and add that. Then add salt and olive oil to taste and mix up. 

I promise! It taste better then it might look!

No comments:

Post a Comment