Saturday, July 9, 2011

Recipe #39: Poppin' Fresh Cookies

You can try a million cookie recipes, but in the end there will be one that is still the best. And that would be Poppin' Fresh Cookies. Isn't it a great name... "poppin' fresh" makes me laugh! This recipe is from this old cookie book (same place recipe #17 oatmeal raisin cookies came from!) I wrote it down when I was at my parent's house so that I could make it later, and the time finally came!

You need:
2 1/4 cup flour
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup raisins/dried cranberries, optional

  • Combine flour, sugar, soda, salt, butter, vanilla, and eggs 
  • Mix until well blended
  • Stir in oats, nuts, and chocolate chips
  • (Stick in fridge for 20 minutes or more if you have other things to do, it helps firm up the dough and bake better)
  • spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet
  • bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

I used a small cookie scoop thing and this recipe made about 64 cookies. Half I made for some people and the other half will be frozen to take to the beach! Will and I do NOT need that many cookies lying around! But we both did taste them and it was worth the calories for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment