Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Recipe #40: Guacamole

Well, now I am officially behind, but that was bound to happen. I ate a lot of good food though in the meantime. Sunday night the freezer supplied us with some great gyoza and udon. Since there was no prep on my part i didn't think they should count as recipes. You follow the directions on the package...pretty easy! But I love being able to use my japanese dishes to eat off of! Japanese dishes are great because they are small so you eat less...in theory!


Then Monday, Alex and I spent a great day with some of my college friends. We went to Ru Sans. It as AMAZING! They have a sushi buffet at lunch...All you can eat sushi? YES please.
You should go. Now.

Also amazing...Grilled Teriyaki Onigiri (riceball)
Oh, wait, this post is about guacamole....I wonder how that would taste wrapped up with some rice and nori...
We had some friends over today and grilled. We made hamburgers. I know I said I was going to try new recipes. But hamburgers are so good, they can be made over and over again and not get old. (See why soon!)
Anyways, I love some fresh guacamole and chips with my hamburger. Making your own guacamole with fresh ingredients is one of my favorite things!

You need: (These measurements of course can be adjusted to the quantity you need)
3 avocados
2 roma tomatoes
1/2 red onion
cilantro, to taste
half a lemon
cayenne red pepper, salt
  •  Cut up avocados and mash them up, as smooth or chunky as you prefer
  • dice tomatoes and onion, add to avocado
  • tear off several leaves of cilantro and cut up into smaller pieces, add to mix
  • squeeze lemon juice over mix, add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
if you want more hotness you can add more pepper or even hot sauce i guess...the fun part is that depending on your ingredients it has a slightly different taste every time but is always fresh and delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment