Sunday, July 24, 2011

Recipe #47: pico de gallo

Ok, I am way behind...I have been on vacation! But now I am home for just three days with a ton of leftovers from the vacation. I don't think I am going to get much cooking in while I am home, so I will probably be even more behind! Oh dear...

anyways, we all took turns with meals this past week and Will and I did hamburgers...of course! but I did add in a new recipe of pico de gallo, that we ate with our chips. of course there was guacamole too!

You need:
5 roma tomatoes
1/2 a red onion
1 lime
1/2 jalapeno pepper
some cilantro
garlic powder, salt, pepper
(We had some left over corn on the cob so I cut off 1/2 an ear and added that too!)

  • Dice tomatoes and onion. 
  • Seed and destem jalapeno and then dice into small pieces.
  • roughly chop up cilantro.
  • add corn if you have some.
  • mix all together in a bowl.
  • Squeeze lime juice in. 
  • Add salt, pepper, and a little bit of garlic powder.
  • Mix again and enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!


Sorry, I forgot to take a photo....

No comments:

Post a Comment