Friday, July 1, 2011

Recipe #31: Pizza!


Well, I took a little break because I was ahead, spending my time reorganizing and cleaning my, only to completely mess it up again in the process of making pizza. Which, after today's experience, I think we will do grilled pizza instead!!
If you have not made the boule bread dough yet, I suggest you try it soon because you can use it for so much. Including pizza dough! So go off and make that recipe first, you can find it here. Remember it makes 4 loaves, or 4 crusts.
That was my first mistake. I think i used way too much dough, making it pretty difficult to manipulate.

Anyways, this is another recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day

  • Preheat oven to 500 with pizza stone inside. be sure to turn on the exhaust fan!!
  • Prepare your ingredients so that as soon as the dough is ready you can put them on and get it in the oven
  • Take a pound of dough (about the size of a grapefruit) using some flour to keep it from sticking, roll it out with a rolling pin or form it into a circle with your hands. (this is where it would have been great to have my brother-in-law Eric next door because he used to work at a pizza place! :) )
  • Transfer dough to a pizza peel that is covered with corn meal (a lot of corn meal, or it won't slide off easily).
  • Add the tomato sauce, and other toppings of your choice. On one we used basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella, the other was half ham and pineapple, the other half salami! but we did one pizza at a time of course, there is only one stone...
  • once oven is preheated, transfer from pizza peel to the stone. Bake for 8-10 minutes
Because the oven is so hot, the corn meal burns pretty quickly and makes everything pretty smokey! our smoke alarm went off twice, even with the exhaust fan on! Also, did you know that the exhaust fan helps drown out the sound of a screaming child! Alex is not a cooperative sleeper right now, but he didn't sound quite as loud tonight thanks to that fan!
Hawaiian!

Like i said, I think i used too much dough so it was pretty much a huge crust, but still delicious because I love crust anyways! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I love making homemade pizza so I will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete