Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby food adventures continue!


Making my own baby food is a lot easier then I thought! It is a great way to use up extra veggies. One night we had a sweet potato left over so into the mini food processor it went and in a couple minutes I had another tray of baby food to freeze for Alex! The picture of the trays can be found here. Once frozen I transfer them to a big ziploc bag because it is easier to store and then when i need some food for the next couple of days I put two (which equals about 2 ozs) in little rubbermaid containers and they defrost in the fridge. You can also microwave it for about 10-15 seconds.
So very easy! Anyways, I had some leftover carrots after starting the roast so I went ahead and made up another batch of carrots for Alex because I had finished up the stash in the freezer.

Fill a pot with water and put a steamer basket inside. Water should not touch the steamer. I used about 7 carrots chopped up. Steam until very soft. Once finished add to the food processor with about a 1/2 cup water and puree until you have reached your desired consistancy. You may need to add a bit more water depending on how soft (or not!) your carrots are! Put in your trays and you are done! One thing i have noticed with carrots is that it is easier to get big chunks left so be sure to steam them long enough so they are soft enough!
They smell deliciously sweet, I am sure they will be a big hit with your little one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment