Monday, June 13, 2011

Recipe #16: Rosemary Lemon Tilapia

Tonight was another clear out the freezer special! I had some tilapia in the freezer, waiting to be used. I think I got it on sale or something, but Will doesn't really like fish so we don't often eat it, and it sat in the freezer. But we were having my sisters and brother-in-law eat with us so I decided that it would be a good time to use it up.

I used:
3 lemons
Fresh Rosemary
7 pieces of Tilapia
Olive Oil

Cut lemons into round slices. Layer on a cookie sheet covered in foil (saves on clean up!)
Sprinkle rosemary on top of lemons.
Put Tilapia on top of lemons
Drizzle olive oil over fish
Put another layer of lemons and rosemary on top.

I forgot to add salt and pepper but that would be a good idea too because I felt like it was missing on flavor. I would probably use more rosemary next time too or maybe dill instead. But I felt like using rosemary tonight. :) My mom uses dill a lot on fish and that is delicious too,

Preheat oven to 400 and bake for about 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
We ate it with sweet potatoes, salad, and homemade bread for a fresh, nutritious meal! I forgot to take a picture so here are the leftovers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment