Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bread, Bread, Bread.

There is this bakery in Japan that makes the most delicious bread. It has these little cubes of cheese baked in at the top which makes it so divine! Well, i decided that I wanted to experiment and see if I could replicate that!


So I pulled out the last of the boule dough I had from the recipe found here. Then I cut up little cubes of mozzarella and stuffed them in the top of the loaf just before putting it in the oven.

Out came, not quite what I expected, but such deliciousness, I had to resist eating the whole thing! :) I knew Will would want some too. :P
This is what deliciousness looks like! The cheese had bubbled over and you could taste it in every bite!








Then I needed to mix up a new batch of bread dough. I did one full batch of the plain boule bread, but did a half batch of herb boule...it is very easy. At the very start the recipe (found here), when you are adding the yeast to the water mix in some herbs too! I did a tsp of dired thyme, and a tsp of fresh rosemary. In the future, I would add more because I don't feel like the taste of either came out enough, but it was still delicious and a nice part of our Italian meal! :)

2 comments:

  1. There better be some left for dinner tomorrow night! Sorry I never got to run over to try it today. This is terrible that we are moving just a month into your year of delicious cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, I planned on making a whole new loaf :)

    ReplyDelete