Monday, June 6, 2011

Katie's Cooking Essentials

Everybody is different in their "must haves" for the kitchen. And all though my cupboards are full of random things, there are a few things that I use on a regular basis.

1. KitchenAid mixer. I love it, and is perfect for so many things!
2. Rice cooker. Mine came straight from Japan, and makes perfect rice every time!
3. A deep dish skillet with lid. I think if this is the only pan I had, I would be fine, I use it for anything and everything!
4. Wooden spoons. Not those rounded top ones, but the flat top that are perfect for mixing up anything, sauteing etc.
5. Silicone bakeware. The ones I have are great. My loaf pans work so well.
6. Two round cake pans. You can use them to bake layered cakes or for quiches! :)
7. A grill, who wants a hot kitchen in the summer?!

and that is all I can think of for now....as other stuff comes to mind I will add, but really, I think i could live with just these things.

Also the most essential place: an Asian food store! Unfortunately my favorite one is Hmart, all the way in Atlanta, but any little whole in the wall place is great, they just tend to be more expensive. And thankfully you can find Japanese rice in almost any grocery store now, just look in the Asian section.

Those are the essentials, but it is the little things that make cooking and eating fun, for example, my cute ohashioki (chopstick rests)...The little things that make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment