Saturday, June 18, 2011

Recipe #18: Apple Galette

Hmmm...Father's Day baking continues, much to the delight of my dad. Will and Alex are sleeping so that is why Sarah and I have time to do this! :) In my Real Simple magazine they had a 3 ingredient recipe for Nectarine Galette. I had apples instead so decided to make one of those as well! Soon another post will come for the most special treat for my dad, Baked Oatmeal, which is supposed to be for breakfast tomorrow, but we decided to make now instead because "it tastes so good warm" as my dad mentioned to us.

Anyways, back to the Apple Galette (which is french for free formed crusty cakes etc, for those of you, who like me had to google that!)

Peel, core, and slice 2 apples into thin pieces.
Pull out a refrigerated pie crust (I am telling you, world's best invention). spread out on top of wax paper lined cookie sheet.
 Layer apples in middle of crust leaving about two inches on the outside.
Mix 2 Tbsp sugar, 1/2 Tbsp flour, and 1 tsp cinnamon in a little bowl pour over top of the apples.
Chop up 2 Tbsp butter and add on top too.
Fold pie crust up around the apples, there will be a little overlap in the crust. Sprinkle a little water and sugar on the crust.
Bake at 375 for about 30 mins or until the juices are bubbling.


After we ate it...it was delicious, kind of more like a tart then a pie. But if you want it sweeter I would add more sugar. I would probably only do 1 Tbsp butter too...but I was kind of modifying the Real Simple recipe and that is what they said to do. Also I think you should eat it as soon as you take it out of the oven, letting it cool a bit of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment