Thursday, June 9, 2011

Side Dish #1: Hockey sticks and pucks!

Periodically I will have a 'side dish' to highlight a fun craft or to share a great book I read. Just because. I want to.

Anyways, several months ago I was at Joanns and found a fun little remnant of fabric that had hockey sticks and pucks all over it! So I had to buy it because my brother-in-law, Eric, is an avid hockey fan. I really had no idea what I wanted to do with it, just that I had to make something from it.

Let's back track a bit, I love experimenting with a variety of crafts, sewing was one that I had done a while back, but in the last two or three years my sewing machine had collected dust because I didn't know what to do. Enter babies, and a whole new world of sewing projects opened up to me! My Spring break was filled with crafting toys and ties for babies.

Okay, back to the hockey themed fabric. I had some fun making some stuffed toys for the babies (besides my son I have two nieces who are all born within two months of each other!) then it hit me. Lizzie needed an early start in her hockey skills, so why not make her a stuffed puck and sticks so she could get some practice in with dad without her mom worrying about the damage she could do to her surroundings! And that is what I did this morning! (Can I say again how much I love summer vacation!) It was a fun, quick little project. Guaranteed, the hockey sticks don't look exactly like real ones, but at least Lizzie will be familiar with how to hold a hockey stick and how to hit a puck so that when she gets to hold a real one she will make her daddy proud! :)

1 comment:

  1. They're even cuter in real life! And I like this "side dish" idea!

    ReplyDelete