Thursday, June 23, 2011

Side Dish #2: Felt flower headbands

I was reading through a magazine and happened upon a cute idea to make flowers! Of course, I can't make them for Alex, but have two nieces. Since the majority of fun crafts are for girls, I am happy to give the fruits of my craftiness to someone, and I am sure Alex is grateful that I don't make him that girly stuff...fun things for boys are a little harder to come by, although I did make him a cute tie earlier and will have to make a bigger one for the fall.

Anyways, I used the instructions found here from Woman's Day about how to make a brooch. But instead of putting a pin on the back I glued a hair clip and then attached the hair clip to one of those little elastic baby headbands. Of course mine doesn't look as perfect as the pictures, but it is cute enough... and goes perfectly with the dresses that Sarah and I made for them! :)



                                                                   Here is a close up...
Don't you want to go make some for all the little ladies in your life! Best of all it only costs a couple of dollars to make because two different colors of felt could make multiple flowers! Go have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment