Monday, December 5, 2011

Half way there...

Well, a little over half way there in time, but 16 recipes behind! Oh dear. I need to get cooking! Hopefully I will feel like experimenting with some Christmas desserts to help catch up! I am just pleased with myself for keeping up with it this long! :) Since starting I have tried countless new recipes with only a couple of flops, cooked with some meats that I had not used much before (pork!), and managed to feed Alex mostly homemade food! I think we have also started eating healthier too, thanks to the fact that I would rather make food to be able to count it as a recipe than buy pre-made or eat out. So less processed food going in our bodies which is good for us! My recipes still aren't gourmet or anything, but being a working mom on a tight budget, I think we have done pretty well!
Goals for the next half year...
more fish (I will make Will a fan of it!)
more ethnic food... Indian in particular...it is so delicious.
more meatless meals. Veggies are so good, we need to channel their deliciousness!
more fellowship...no matter how tired I am, I think sharing meals with people is something that is encouraging because you actually slow down, sit down, and get a chance to chat.

here is to another 182 days of chopping, sauteing, cooking, baking, grilling, and Eating! 

4 comments:

  1. Good job, Katie!
    If i could get Joel to eat fish too...*sigh*. That was the reason I used to have m Seafood Wednesday post. Joel doesn't like fish and wasn't home on Wednesdays so I used to make a fish dish for my daughter and I.

    Bring on some dishes! You got some super fun recipes! :-)

    Happy cooking and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bring on some more veggie dishes, I meant to type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually been wondering how far into the year you were. You're doing great! And I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of your goals and wish you a hearty appetite this coming year! I'll need to dig up our favourite curry dinner to share with you.

    ReplyDelete