Monday, December 5, 2011

Recipe #168: Elephant cake!

In honor of Alex's birthday trip to the zoo I made a elephant birthday cake! I need a little help with frosting a cake still, but I was so happy with how easy it was to shape it!
I used two 8 inch cake pans. one became the head, and the other i used to cut out the smaller pieces--ears and trunk. A boxed mix of devils food cake worked great!
I tried to make frosting, but decided that it was a little too thick to work with and didn't want this too be too difficult. So some white frosting out of a can worked just great mixed with an 1/8 tsp of the wilson's delphinium blue icing! It was the perfect elephant blue! (just save a little bit of white for the eyes!)

Lots of fun! He wasn't too sure about the cake and frosting at first, but by the end...he was a chocolate cake fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment