Friday, December 16, 2011

Recipe #176: Curried Chicken

This was a crock pot recipe that needed a little more teamwork on Will and my part...because I go to work so early 8 hrs later means 3pm which is too early for dinner and in the end, the chicken was a little bit more shredded then I would have wanted, but all in all, it had good flavoring. I found the recipe in a Real Simple magazine but you can also find it here. I changed it a bit because, although I had every intention of getting tomato paste, I ended up with tomato sauce!

You need:
3 chicken breasts (mine were a little frozen and still worked okay)

  • 1 small can tomato sauce
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp curry powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp ginger
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • medium onion, chopped
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt

  • in crock pot mix tomato sauce, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and onion.
  • top with chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces. Season with salt and pepper
  • cook on low for 8 hrs. stir
  • just before serving add yogurt in.
  • serve with rice


No comments:

Post a Comment