Sunday, December 25, 2011

Recipe #200: Pita Pizzas!

Sometime, a while ago, my family started to make little personal pizzas on Christmas Eve. I think because it was a busy evening with church and caroling at the train station and then we would head home late to open presents, pizza was a fast but fun meal for my mom to spread out and we would all put on our toppings and she would stick it in the oven.
Once Will and I got married, we have carried on that tradition, as well as opening presents Christmas Eve. My mom usually uses naan bread, but we have used a variety of crusts. this time we used pita bread!

You need:
one pack of pita bread
spaghetti sauce
bacon
shredded mozzarella cheese
any other toppings you want too!

  • Spread pita on a cookie sheet. 
  • spread on some spaghetti sauce, topping, then cheese
  • bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
We cut Alex's pizza into mini slices! It was really cute. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment