Monday, December 19, 2011

Recipe #189: Peppermint Rocky Road Candy

So I was thinking back today about this amazing chocolate and marshmallow concoction I had one time that was light and fluffy...not the heaviness of fudge. And so I determined to find out what it was and how to make it. So thanks to pinterest I came across this recipe found here. Will and I agreed we could forgo the nuts this time because I didn't have anything suitable and we just feasted on some deliciousness. Plus peppermint marshmallows. Oh my goodness, I love peppermint marshmallows. AMAZING! It makes it so festive.
And this one only takes 2 ingredients (3 if you add nuts) and probably just 10 minutes of hands on time.

You need:
a chunk of chocolate--I had a block given to me by my parents, and cut off a chunk of it and hoped it would be enough (I tried to envision a little more than a cup of chocolate. The original recipe said 9 oz of dove)
2 cups peppermint marshmallows

  • heat chocolate in microwave with 30 sec intervals and stirring after each time. My chocolate had melted after maybe 4 time in the microwave.
  • pour in marshmallows and stir until well coated.
  • pour into a foil lined 8x8 dish and spread out evenly.
  • allow to cool for 1.5-2 hours.
  • put out of pan and cut into smaller squares.
Caution: Do not eat all at once! 

No comments:

Post a Comment