Friday, December 16, 2011

Recipe #178: Sautzels




I had to go out tonight and didn't know when I would be back so told Will to make something for dinner. I suggested that he use the Italian sausage we had in the fridge. Well on my way I thought about the meal he would want to try and sure enough, I get home and that is the meal he is making! At the pub he and his cousins go to when they are together they have this pretzel and bratwurst thing that he thought was quite delicious. So he decided to create his own using what was in the fridge of course. Thus he made a Sautzel...for lack of a better name! ;)

You need:
pretzel recipe found here
4 links Italian Sausage
Mozzarella
spicy brown or honey mustard for dipping


  • Follow the recipe for the pretzels.
  • While the dough is rising, fry up the sausage
  • cut cooked sausage into smaller pieces
  • Once pretzel is done, top with sausage and cheese, put back in oven for a couple minute or until cheese is melted.
  • Enjoy with the mustard of your choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment